As a professional organizer I’m passionate about helping others create a more organized life. I’ve experienced first hand the amazing benefits – from increased productivity and reduced stress to a more appealing environment. But… getting more organized is not just for grown-ups:
Giving your kids these invaluable organizing skills = priceless!
When attending my 7th grader’s Open House recently, almost every teacher emphasized the importance of being organized! I even wrote down this quote from his Algebra teacher:
“I really want to stress being organized. It’s the key to their success.” My 7th-grader’s Algebra teacher
The CHALLENGE: How do you actually teach your kids to be more organized? Especially if you can’t seem to get yours own self in order. (If this sounds like you, trust me you’re not alone!)
The SOLUTION: Let ME help! I’m excited to introduce my BRAND NEW program:
Organizing 101 for Kids
I’m taking the essential organizing concepts I teach my big clients and making them child-friendly (FUN, INTERACTIVE, EASY!) for my little clients – your kids!
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Messy (BACKPACK, LOCKER, DESK + ROOM) Makeovers! We’ll do together using:
- 1 + 2 + 3 = Organized! My easy way to organize anything
- I SPY! We’ll play detective & discover what’s causing the mess (super important step!)
- To-Do’s to-DONE! To-do’s + priorities: What I do now (and wish I would’ve started doing with my kids years ago!)
- Planning + calendars including one super important thing students need to be doing by middle school
- Top 10 Study Skills: learn now + benefit in middle school, high school, college … and beyond
- Tech Organizing: keeping everything technology in order
- Wish List: an easy yet powerful way to help kids understand $ (the value of, what to spend it on, …)
- Taking care of our stuff (including the 3 things you should always do when you get something new)
- What’s in it for me? WHY getting more organized is a good thing: Seeing the value is part of what’ll make it click & stick… we’ll “see” this throughout the program!
THAT’S NOT ALL! For parents …
- TAKE HOMES: Each week I’ll show you how to help your kids take what they’ve learned and use at home. In fact, don’t be surprised if they teach you a thing or two!
- The one ritual that guarantees smoother mornings
- Five things every (organized!) car should have (I’ll share how I now keep mine super organized- 95% of time at least!)
- How to figure out your child’s best organizing style (what works for his sister may not be ideal for him!)
- My favorite organizing “tool” – I’ll share how YOU can use and how to help your child develop this (priceless!) skill
PLUS: Each week you’ll receive a TAKE HOME: I’ll show you how to help your kids take what they’ve learned with me and use at home. In fact, don’t be surprised if they teach you a thing or two!
Space is Limited! Sign up today!
Organizing 101 for BIG Kids! Grades 4 – 6 Tuesdays 3:15 – 4:15 September 16 – October 21 (Fall Session A)
Organizing 101 for LITTLE Kids! Grades 1 – 3 Tuesdays 3:15 – 4:15 October 28 – December 9 (Fall Session B)
$120 / child
REGISTER NOW through this link: SJEDS Afterschool Activities
If you’re interested in but can’t make those dates, let me know. I may be putting together another one and will check with you to see what would be a better time: angela @ AngelaHarrisDesign . com . Check out the FAQ’s below and if you have additional questions, feel free to ask.
Would love the opportunity to get to know and work with your little one!
SJEDS Mom + Founder of www.YourLifeOrganizer.com
As a parent, how can I help my child at home with what they’re learning in program?
To get the most out of this program, I’ll share with you great ways you can bring into your home what they are learning with me. This is key (as it is with anything!) in making it work: USE the good stuff you learn. As a parent myself, I know how difficult this can be. So each week, I’ll give you:
- Bottom Line: If you have time for nothing more, simply doing this one thing.
- Go Deeper: If you want more, I’ll share resources to help you do that.
- Obstacles + Solutions: I’ll provide solutions for the possible challenges
What if I’m an unorganized mess??! I need organizing help more than they do!
As your child is learning, you’ll have an opportunity to learn too. As parents, you’ll receive via email ideas for that week’s lesson:
- easy ways to use at home
- obstacles + ways to overcome (including my own trial & errors – and comebacks!)
- resources for going deeper
While I created this program for kids, you (as a parent) alone could get tons of value from.
Is my child too young for something like this?
This specific program is designed for grade school level (grades 1st – 6th). We’ll use the same weekly itinerary, but material will be shared a little differently depending on if they fall into the older or younger group. Organizing concepts will be shared in fun, visual ways making these big concepts easy for little organizers.
Are you available for questions? How about more personalized help?
Yes, in fact I’ll send out a short survey at the beginning of the program (name, optional!) to get to know your biggest organizing challenges as it relates this topic. And throughout the course, feel free to ask questions AND share feedback along with your own tips that I can share with group. If you’d like in-home organizing help, I’m available for that as well. Please see my Work With Me page.
I’d love to sign my child up, but we don’t go to the same school / live far away. Can we still do?
Be on the lookout for my Organizing 1-1 for KIDS virtual program. More info coming soon. (Please make sure you’re in my address book. Enter your name & email at top of page: www.YourLifeOrganizer.com )
So, are you saying YOUR kids are perfect? – OR – I know who you are, and you guys don’t have it 100% together! Can you actually help us??!
If you know me well, you know I’m typically the first to call myself out on stuff. And not take it too seriously. I’m able to relax about it because I’ve realized:
- There’s no such thing as 100% organized.
- Putting that pressure on myself (and my kids) is not a good thing.
- Getting more organized is about the little changes that over time add up to BIG RESULTS. It’s about trying different things, seeing what works, what doesn’t, tweaking, figuring out what’s most important, letting go of perfection. HELPING YOUR CHILDREN REALIZE THIS – INVALUABLE!
From my training (with Top Organizing Expert, NYTimes Best Seller Julie Morgenstern) to experience with myself, family and other clients, I have lots of great things to share. (And there are some things my kids and I will be doing right along with you during this program. Would LOVE for your child (and you!) to join us!