I’m ready to take my business to the next level and am looking for help with various components.
My Business: I help people create a more organized home + work environment so they can create / have more of what they want (success, peace, fun, joy, …) It’s been a lifesaver for me and I love helping others experience more order … which = calm/ joy / better results / intentional in-the-moment living.
Am hoping to make virtual business model my primary one. I can reach more people, make a greater impact. And leveraging my resources will allow me to do more of what I envision. Plus, I’m drawn to the creative side of virtual stuff.
Personal Note: My first doing B-School two years ago, and I’m beyond thankful hearing Marie say that we all have our own timing with this journey. The past two years have been tough – now a single mom (after married for 17 years) + now needing to make what I do support me (vs. simply fulfill me)! While it’s been very difficult at times, what I’ve experienced will without a doubt help me help others on a whole new level.
Okay! Here’s info on what I’m looking for:
Would love help setting up in best way (and periodic maintenance / question stuff):
(#1 & #2 are the ones I’m looking for now, but thought I’d throw in #3, #4, #5 also)
1. TECH STUFF: (Top priority)
As needed with WordPress, Mailchimp & membership site:
- **Membership Site Set Up**: I know what I want on paper – would like help making it happen
- WordPress: basics like like replacing top box on feature side bar with a video that’ll promote opt in (& misc stuff like fixing spacing on this page-not doing what it’s supposed to do, etc which drives me crazy)
- Mailchimp: seems to be a kink in opt in gift – takes longer to get / some not getting. Stuff like this.
- Program Creation Set Up: have ideas for future: virtual books / mini programs – would like to know best way to create these
2. BRANDING (including social media)
Know the feel I want (can provide stuff that’ll give you good idea)
While I feel okay with my blog writing, I’d love help pulling together the rest of the pieces – including package descriptions / about page / social media stuff / tagline / describing what I do
- social media: set up properly infusing branding into; helping me set up simple systems to keep it going / growing – right now it’s pretty much non existent
- website: not a complete re-do – but tweaking
- membership program: this is my big focus now – have great content / ideas but would like help making it sound the way I want it to
- PDFs: right now I do very primitive (I like to call them “streamlined”!) ones I’ve done in Pages – would like to make look better
- Video: making more professional – I’d like to put one on my home page (that leads to opt in) & plan to do misc videos for programs, etc (I’ve done a few using iMovie, Keynote, Vimeo – would like more polished with opening / closing, for ex)
3. Not for profit (or similar) business help: (Unrelated to my organizing business):
It’s a product I have called Water Watch™ – want to do something with one day (see bottom of page for more info)
4. VIRTUAL ASSISTANT:
EVENTUALLY: Hopefully sooner than later!
SOON: Set up then periodic maintenance
While I don’t have a big budget, I’m open to:
- exchanging services (organizing / time management coaching – visit my Work With Me page for more info)
- paying for services (if within budget), and/or
- providing references – posting about experience working with you / sharing with others who may need your service.
Also, I’d love to be able to have great business contacts I could refer others to. While I want to provide awesome general life organizing thru membership / blog, I envision working primarily with other entrepreneur / business owners starting up / building on-line businesses. Having great group of resources to pull from (these thing I need help with above) would be awesome.
If you’re interested in working together with any of this, I’d love to hear from you. Please send me an email with what you could help with and a few samples if you have them / your website address – anything I can see to get to know you. I’d like to move forward with some of this starting in about two weeks.
(Angela Harris Design, Inc – is my corp name – a few different “businesses” under it – I’m “multi passionate” – so glad to hear this phrase from Marie and know I’m not completely crazy!)
Thank you, and best of luck to each of you with your business dreams!
Details on #3 (above):
WATER WATCH™ –
This is a product I’ve trademarked – it designates someone to watch while children are near / in water. I did a very limited local launch two years ago – received great press but I didn’t do anything with after that. Would love to do something with because truly feel it could save lives (even if don’t have the band, would love to do a very short water safety video – something that people could watch / share & it be enough to make people more aware of things like – at parties, designate a watcher – have research showing a “dummie” at bottom of pool. Can see clearly it’s at bottom. Put one or two people in pool splashing around – dummie vanishes. SO important to have someone designated to watch. Same with beach when families are out but no one specified to watch. This is how idea came about – witnessed tragic event.)
On lighter note – to spread awareness, think it’d be cool to have fun with it getting customers and even celebrities (like Marie!!:) to send in selfie wearing the WW – the URL for product is www.WatchWhenWearing.com (currently linked back to my other site) and this could be a part on it / fb etc that’s watch WHO’S wearing.
My true passion is helping people bring more order to life (surround self with what you love in every way – getting rid of “clutter” in surroundings / on calendar / in life). BUT, I’d love to do this too. Just don’t have time / know-how to do on my own.